Proper hydration is important for overall good health in general, and also to feel good at any given time. The adult human body is about 60% water which is why hydration is so important in day to day life.
What are some key signs you may be dehydrated?
- Are you feeling a bit dizzy? Is your mind slightly fuzzy?
- Is it hard for you to concentrate of focus on your tasks at hand?
- Everyone can be irritable from time to time, but do you feel more cranky than normal?
- Do you feel like your energy has been zapped and you need a nap?
What are some tips to keep yourself properly hydrated?
- Drink fluids. The old rule of no caffeine is out. Caffinated beverages in moderation also help with hydration.
- What if you don’t like to drink water? Try adding a lemon or lime slice to it, or some powdered drink mix which is sold in water bottle sizes these days.
- Keep a water bottle with you during the day to keep track of how much water you are actually drinking.
- Proper hydration is not just for hot summer days when one sweats a lot. The dry winter air makes hydration just as necessary.
Test it out!
Try drinking a glass or two of water when you are feeling lackluster, irritable, and can’t focus. Give it a half hour or so, and if you feel much better, you know hydration is what caused your feeling poorly. These days most people are on the go constantly, and one of the first things to go, aside from proper nutrition, is proper hydration. It is an easy ailment to fix if you know it is what is ailing you.